Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this policy covering the protection of personal data (hereinafter the “Data Protection Policy”) is to inform visitors and users (hereinafter referred to as “You”) who access the website www.lesjourneesparticulieres.com ; www.lvmh.fr/lesjourneesparticulieres.com (part of the www.lvmh.fr website), about how LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, a European company with its registered office at 22 Avenue Montaigne, 75008 Paris, France, registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under No. 775 670 417 (hereinafter “LVMH” or “We”) processes your personal data (hereinafter the “Personal Data” or “Data”) and about your rights in this regard. LVMH places great importance on your personal data and we make it a priority to protect it. Note: LVMH may modify the terms of its Data Protection Policy, particularly in the event that a new system for processing personal data is implemented. Please consult this page regularly to ensure that you agree with any changes. You will be alerted to these changes either by a special notice on our website or by email notification.
1. What is “Personal Data”?
Personal Data means any information or data set that allows You to be identified, directly (by reference to an identifier such as your surname, first name, email address or home address), or indirectly, through anonymized data such as an identification number. Unique identifiers such as your computer’s IP address can also be considered Personal Data.
2. Who are the data controllers responsible for protecting your Personal Data?
A data controller is an entity that determines the purposes and means by which your Personal Data is processed, and that is liable to You for ensuring that your personal data is processed in compliance with the applicable regulations on data protection.
With regard to the management of the Journées Particulières Website and communications related to this event, LVMH is the data controller.
LVMH has appointed a Personal Data Protection Officer (DPO) who will be your contact for any question relating to the processing of your Data. They can be reached:
* by using the contact form to be found at https://www.lvmh.fr/contact/
* by post at the following address: LVMH Personal Data Protection Officer, 24-32 Rue Jean Goujon, 75008 Paris, France.
With regard to the management of registrations for events held as part of the LVMH Journées Particulières, LVMH will be the data controller.
3. Why and how do we use the Personal Data We collect?
3.1 How do We collect your Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
* directly from You when You use our Website and our services (by filling in various forms on the Website, by communicating directly with Us through our institutional departments, etc.)
* automatically when You access or use the Website (technical data, IP address, data relating to your navigation of the site, etc.)
3.2 What Data do We collect?
LVMH collects several types of Personal Data about You:
Personal Data that We collect directly from You
We collect Personal Data that You provide directly to Us when You use our Website.
This applies for instance whenever You:
* sign up to receive our email notifications
* create a personal account in advance of LVMH Journées Particulières
* book visits during LVMH Journées Particulières.
The categories of Personal Data that We collect include:
* Identification and contact information such as your surname, first name, email address
Personal Data that We collect automatically
We automatically collect certain Personal Data about You when You access or use the Website, including:
* Technical Data: We collect data about the device You use to connect and your use of the Website (e.g. your version of operating system, type of browser, use or not of a proxy, IP address, duration of access, pages visited and the link that led You to our Website).
3.3 On what legal grounds and for what purposes do We use the Data We collect?
In accordance with applicable data protection regulations, We only collect Personal Data where we have legal grounds to do so.
Personal Data is collected either:
(i) with your consent, (ii) in our legitimate interest, or (iii) to fulfil our legal obligations.
(i) We collect Personal Data with your consent for the following purposes:
* To send you email notifications about the LVMH Journées Particulières
* To create your personal account in advance of your booking a visit during the LVMH Journées Particulières
* To register You for the visit You have selected during the LVMH Journées Particulières.
(ii) We collect Personal Data in our legitimate interest for the following purposes:
* To defend our interests in the event of litigation or legal action
* To manage our Website’s cybersecurity
* To prevent fraudulent activity and safeguard our assets and content.
(iii) We may also retain your Personal Data where We are required to do so by law or to enforce our legal rights.
3.4 Who has access to your Data?
3.4.1. Access within LVMH
LVMH processes your Data for the purposes set out above, and it can only be accessed by those LVMH staff members who need to use it in the course of their duties.
These are the departments of LVMH that will process your Personal Data:
* LVMH’s Corporate Communications Department, for Website management and sending email notifications
* LVMH’s Security Department, for managing Website cybersecurity
* LVMH’s Legal and Anti-Fraud Departments, for managing fraudulent activity or in the event of legal action.
3.4.2 Accessibility by third parties
Your Data may also be made accessible to third parties, namely:
(i) our subcontractors and service providers engaged for technical and logistical purposes (carriers; website hosting, security and maintenance providers; fraud prevention professionals; technical providers in charge of email mailings; anti-spam and anti-bot service providers)
(ii) any authority, court or other third party where such disclosure is required by law, regulation or court order, or where such disclosure is necessary for the protection and defence of our rights.
3.5 Is Personal Data transferred outside the European Economic Area?
Your Data is processed in France by LVMH.
3.6 How long do We keep your Data?
Your Data is retained for as long as is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected and, in any case, will be destroyed at the end of this period.
Please refer to the table below for more details about how long your Data is kept for.
Table modeled on the one below, adapted to the Journées Particulières:
|Purpose||Applicable Data categories||Period of storage before erasure|
|Management of your requests and queries||Identification Data (last name, first name, mailing address, contact details needed to identify You when You interact with Us)||Duration required to manage your requests and queries. Your Data will then be either deleted or anonymized, unless we need to keep it to meet our legal obligations for the applicable statutory retention period.|
|Sending You our newsletters||
Duration of your subscription.
Then, the Data will be destroyed or anonymized.
|Security of the Website||Technical information of your device (IP address, device type, browser ID, etc.)||6 months, then the Data is either deleted or anonymized.|
|Disputes/complaints||Data concerning the dispute/complaint||
In the event of a court action: duration of proceedings through full enforcement of the legal decision or settlement agreement.
4. What are your rights regarding your Data?
4.1 Access, rectification and portability
In line with current regulations, You have a right of access to your Data. You may also request the rectification of your Personal Data if it is inaccurate. Depending on why the Data is being processed, You may also have the right to request that incomplete Personal Data be completed.
We may ask You to provide proof of identity in order to meet your request. We may also ask You to provide additional information or proof. We will endeavour to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
You may, within the limits of the law, exercise your right to Data portability allowing You to recover (in an interoperable format) the Personal Data You have communicated to Us.
4.2 Right to erasure or restricting processing of your Data?
You may request the erasure of your Personal Data in the following cases:
* You consider that our processing of your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes set out in this Data Protection Policy
* You consider that the processing is unlawful or You contest the accuracy of the Data about You that We are processing
* You have withdrawn your consent to the processing of your Data.
To the extent that the law permits it, You can also request that processing of Your Data be restricted.
Please note that notwithstanding the exercise of your right to erasure or restriction of processing of Your Data, We will retain some of your Personal Data where We are required to do so by law or in order to exercise or defend our rights.
4.3 Right to give instructions for how your Personal Data is managed in the event of your demise
In France and wherever required by local law, You may determine how You want Us to handle your Personal Data in the event of your death.
4.4 How to exercise your rights regarding the protection of your Data
You can exercise your rights to Data Protection in the following ways:
* by using the contact form accessible at https://www.lvmh.fr/contact/
* by post to the following address: LVMH Data Protection Officer, 24-32 Rue Jean Goujon, 75008 Paris, France.
Where the processing of your Data is based on your consent (for instance, You have subscribed to email notifications), You may withdraw this consent at any time, without giving a reason. This right can be exercised by altering the options You have selected with regard to newsletter subscriptions, by clicking on the link provided for this purpose in each email We send You.
5. How is the security of your Personal Data safeguarded?
LVMH has technical and organizational measures in place to ensure the security and confidentiality of your Data in compliance with applicable French and European legal and regulatory requirements.
LVMH requires its service providers and subcontractors to give written commitments that they warrant and implement sufficient security measures to ensure the protection of the Personal Data they have undertaken to process, in compliance with the applicable regulations on personal data protection.
However, LVMH cannot control all the risks associated with the way the internet functions, and We draw your attention to the fact that there are inherent risks in using any internet site.
We use purely technical cookies to ensure the Website functions properly, as well as anonymous analytics cookies. These cookies do not collect any of your Personal Data.
7. Third party websites
The Website may contain links to websites belonging to third parties (such as the websites of LVMH Group subsidiaries), which We do not control and which are governed by their own privacy and personal data protection policies. This Data Protection Policy does not apply to such third party websites. We encourage You to consult the privacy and data protection policies of these third party sites if you want to know how they process your Data. LVMH is not responsible for the use of your Data by these third parties.
8. How can You contact us if You have any questions or complaints?
If You have any questions about this Data Protection Policy or have a request or complaint regarding your Personal Data, You can contact Us in the following ways:
* by using the contact form available at https://www.lvmh.fr/contact/
* by post at the following address: LVMH Personal Data Protection Officer, 24-32 Rue Jean Goujon, 75008 Paris, France.
Should You have a complaint about the way We process your Data, You also have the right to contact the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715, 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07, France. Tel: +44 (1) 53 73 22 22, www.cnil.fr.